An Introduction to Testosterone Therapy
You may be reading this because you are not your normal self. You're lethargic and your energy level is not what it was...Your body is becoming soft and flabby...You're having problems with focus and concentration...Your sex drive is down and you may be having difficulties achieving an erection. Low Testosterone or a Low T count may be responsible!
According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4 to 5 million American men may suffer from low testosterone, but only 5% are currently treated. What about the remaining 95%? Could you be one of them?
If you answered "yes" to more than half of these questions, chances are your testosterone levels are less than optimal and you may be deficient. You may be going through the male menopause, a condition known as andropause.
Andropause refers to a set of gradual physical and psychological changes that men generally go through. Every man experiences a decline in bio-available testosterone but some men's levels dip lower than others.
When Does it Decline?
Testosterone begins to decline in men at about age 25. Testosterone levels decline gradually over the years and because it comes on slowly, most men often accommodate to the symptoms and do not realize how much they have lost.
Look at the chart below. Where on that testosterone level down turn do you think you are?
Many men, after 35 or so, often have a hard time rising to the occasion and challenge of daily stress. It has only been recently that andropause has received attention and recognition, but why the holdup?
Doctors and scientists are well aware of the ramifications due to the absence of estrogen and progesterone in women. In the mean time men have kept their focus from themselves and their own hormonal induced weaknesses. Why?
- The fact that it comes on so gradual, is the reason why many men accommodate to the change. When the change happens we put it down to being "burnt out at work", having a "mid-life crisis" or "just getting old."
- Ignorance. Men do not talk or complain since it is not the "manly thing to do." We are taught to rise above our afflictions especially low libido or loss of sexual desire and never give the slightest indication of weakness.
- Male pride is often our greatest strength and our greatest weakness! We are blasted with a reality check during our mid-forties. We are told that the problems we are experiencing are all part of aging and we should throw in the towel and "settle" into old age.
At HRT Max Health, our clients talk openly about their problems and what they are going through. But each of them would also admit that they had difficulty making that first call and that they still can not admit or talk to their friends about their dysfunctions associated with low testosterone.
Benefits of Testosterone Therapy
Men who receive testosterone therapy consequently report that they feel sexier, stronger and healthier. They say that it makes them feel as they did when they were in their prime. It often gives them a general sense of well being.
Testosterone Treatments can stop and reverse the physical decline that robs men of their energy, strength and libido. Testosterone can restore muscle tone and improve stamina. Testosterone can give men stronger and more frequent erections. Testosterone can restore healthy sexual excitement and desire, which in turn, results in an improvement in mood and overall well being.
Restoring testosterone to youthful levels with testosterone replacement can reverse the situation. All too often, men automatically assume that as they age, their sexual capacity will diminish. There is no need to accept this loss of sexuality. Men should be able to live our life with the same excitement and enthusiasm we enjoyed during our youth.
Potential Testosterone Therapy results:
- MUSCLE - increased muscle strength and mass
- SEXUAL POWER - incresed sexual potency and frequency
- CHOLESTEROL - lowers cholesterol levels
- ENERGY - incresed energy, stamina and endurance
- MEMORY - improved metal functioning and ability
- MOOD - improves mood and feeling of well-being
- HEART - protects against heart disease
- CONCENTRATION - improved concentration and focus